Seascale Methodist Church
Gosforth Road, Seascale, CA20 1PU
Ministers: Rev Dr Wendy Kilworth-Mason
Mission Priorities for Seascale Methodist Church.
As a community of Christians in Whitehaven Methodist Circuit, we commit ourselves, together with others, to make the love of Christ known in word and deed by:
- reaching out to the community
- reviewing the accessibility of our building and refreshing our worship, to build a people of God in this place.
Services and Meetings
- All services are united services held on alternating pattern with St Cuthbert’s Anglican Church, Seascale. The current pattern is: Jan-Feb Methodist, Mar-Apr Anglican etc.
- Sunday Service 10:00 with X-treme at 10:15 for young people at Shackles Off (see below)
- Sunday Service 18:30.
- Tuesday: Prayer Meeting in the church vestry, 10:00 – 10:15
- 2nd and 4th Tuesdays: Bible Study Group in the church vestry, 10:30 – 11:30
- Wednesday Morning House Group, Bible Study and Discussion, fortnightly, 10:15 – 12:00
- Wednesday Evening House Group, Bible Study and Discussion, meets weekly at 7.30pm
- Saturdays: Coffee Morning 10:00 - 11:30
- Women’s Outlook: Ecumenical women's group, with a varied programme of talks and demonstrations: alternate Tuesday evenings in term time, 20:00 – 22:00. Contact 019467 28404 for more information.
- Mother & Baby Club: Wednesdays during term time, 9:15 – 11:00
- X-treme meets at Shackles Off every Sunday at 10:15 for lively worship, for secondary school age and above. Click here for more information, call 019467 27887, or email email@example.com
- Messy Church: an Ecumenical group for children and carers, usually on the third Saturday of the month, but check 019467 29669 for details.
- Rainbows Tuesday, 17:00 – 18:00
- Brownies Tuesday, 18:15 – 19:30
- The Children’s Club for 4-7 year-olds Wednesdays during term time, 17:00 – 18:00. Contact 019467 29785 for more information.
- Church and hall fully accessible
- Loop system
- Accessible toilet in hall
There is on-street parking in Gosforth Road, near the church.
- Active partners in "Churches Together in Seascale and District" Group
- The Church has a number of attractive memorial stained glass windows
- The Church has received an award as an Eco-congregation
- The church is a collection point for the North Lakes Food Bank